and Altak Bridge US-Japan Business
Ark Technologies, Inc. in St. Charles and the Altak Inc. in Bloomingdale
welcomed Consul General Masaharu Yoshida and Chief Executive Director
Ichiro Sone of JETRO Chicago on September 25, and briefed their company
outlines with factory tours.
• The two companies not only have made
success, but also devoted themselves to the betterment of local communities
and Japanese community. Due to this devotion, they are highly respected
by the community members, and Consul General Yoshida and JETRO’s Sone
were interested in visiting the companies.
• Mayor Rogina said that he and Kabeshita have discussed how to recruit small and middle-size Japanese companies to St. Charles. He has also encouraged private industries and citizens to discuss the development of the town. He hoped that Yoshida and Sone’s visit would make more connections to the Japanese business community and wanted to see more Japanese presence in St. Charles.
• In the Ark Technologies, President
Miko Kabeshita greeted the visitors, and Yoshi Nakagawa, Director of Sales/Marketing
briefed about company outlines.
• After the factory tour, Consul General Yoshida said that the hard work of the Kabeshitas and employees made it possible to meet strict requirements from Toyota, Nissan, and Honda. He also said that he was impressed that Ark’s success was one of the typical examples of US-Japan cooperation. “I’m proud of Ark, which has strived for its success in the Midwest.”
• Yoshida and Sone made a speech in both the Ark and Altak factories where all the employees gathered. They said that both companies were remarkable entities, and the employees must have been proud of themselves working in such great companies.
• Ark Technologies has kept its philosophy: No.1: Customers, No.2: Associates, and No.3: Shareholders. Chairman Al Kabeshita said, “I’ve never forgotten about being a bridge between Japan and the U.S. Sincerely, I’ve taken the same approach to Japanese and Americans and established the business in North America during 34 years. I believe that striving to success is my job.”
• Al Kabeshita is now grandfather of
seven and has started estate planning for the future. He founded two companies
because he thought that at least one of two would survive if one failed.
Fortunately, both Ark and Altak made success.
• More information about Ark and Altak is available at www.arktechno.com.
• The full story is available in Chicago Shimpo’s October 10th issue.