Uniqlo Opens in Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg
• Uniqlo, the second store in the Chicagoland area, opened
at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg on October 26.
• “Since opening our flagship store on Michigan Avenue three years ago, we have enjoyed getting to know the Chicago community and understanding our customers’ everyday needs. We are thrilled to extend our presence to Schaumburg, and introduce our superior service and essential products that will keep Chicagoans warm and comfortable as we approach the winter season.” Taki said in a release.
• The 9,500 square-foot store offers high quality, functional, affordable “LifeWear” for men, women, and children, such as HEATTECH innerwears, ultra-light-down jackets, cashmere sweaters, and warm coats to combat the incoming cold weather.
• Uniqlo is a brand of Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., which designs, manufactures, and sells clothing under seven main brands: Comptoir des Cotonniers, GU, Helmut Lang, J Brand, Princesse tam.tam, Theory, and Uniqlo. The company’s sales volume in 2017 was $16.87 billion, calculated in yen using the end of August 2017 rate of $1=110.4 yen. It is one of the world’s largest apparel retail companies, and Uniqlo is Japan’s leading specialty retailer.
• Presently Uniqlo has more than 2,000 stores in 21 markets
worldwide, including 49 stores in the U.S. – spanning from New York, Boston,
Washington D.C., and Florida, to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle,
Denver, and most recently, Hawaii. Since opening its first store in Hiroshima
in 1984, Uniqlo has created apparel that comes from the Japanese values
of simplicity, quality, and longevity, featuring universal designs, supreme
fit and comfort with the aim to improve the daily lives of its customers.
Newly opened Uniqlo store in Woodfield Mall
Schaumburg Mayor Al Larson (R2) and Consul General Naoki Ito tour Uniqlo store in Woodfield Mall on its opening day.